How to Apply:
We have currently suspended accepting applications for the Public Housing Program until further notice.
The waiting list for The Housing Choice Voucher Program (section 8) is now closed. If you previously applied online and provided an email address, all correspondence will be emailed to you, if no email was provided correspondence will be mailed.
When applications are accepted in order to apply for conventional housing, an individual must complete a pre-application online or at the Housing Authority of Florence Admissions & Occupancy Office, 400 East Pine Street. Pre-Applications are accepted at the office on the second and last Tuesday of each month from 8 AM to 10 AM, or you may apply online 24/7. Dates and times for accepting pre-applications may change without prior notice.
**No documents required at the time of pre-application**
Once your name is reached on the pre-application waiting list, you will be scheduled to complete a full application.
In order to complete a full application, you must have the following:
- Birth Certificates and Social Security cards on all members who will be living with you as well as a Picture ID for Head of Household and anyone 17 years of age or older.
- You must provide us with CURRENT verification of your income (no later than 30 days) as well as the name and address of your current and previous landlords for the last five years.
- A criminal background check through NCIC will be processed and credit checks may also be required.
Please note that if you do not have all information required, an application cannot be processed and your application will become inactive.
Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
Effective June 1, 2015 we will be accepting online pre-applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program for the following:
- The Housing Authority of Florence (covers Florence County, north of Lynches River)
- The Housing Authority of Cheraw (covers Chesterfield County)
- The Housing and Community Redevelopment Authority of Marlboro County (covers all of Marlboro and Dillon Counties)
You will receive an appointment to complete a full application once we reach your name on the pre-application waiting list. You must provide all required documentation at your full application appointment.