Pelican House is a 202 Property and will accept applications for admission to be placed on the waiting list based on date and time received and if they meet the following eligibility requirements to include but not limited to the following:
1. Head of household applicants must be at least 62 years of age or older.
2. Applicants must be a citizen or national of the U.S. or an eligible, qualified non-citizen who has eligible immigration status.
3. Applicants must be income eligible based on gross income that is at or below very low income HUD income limits for Florence County.
4. Applicants must provide a copy of a picture ID, birth certificate, and social security card. (see disclosure of social security numbers on page 3)
5. Applicants must provide current proof of any and all income (no older than 90 days but not to exceed 120 days).
6. Applicants must sign authorization documents which include the HUD 9887, HUD 9887-A and the Pelican House authorization form.
7. Applicants must pass a criminal background check (SLED).
8. Landlord references will be performed on all applicants who have rented within the five (5) years of the date of application. (Renting from a family member does not apply due to possible bias.)
9. Applicants must provide documentation concerning their student status, whether they are full-time or part-time.
10. Process an Existing tenant search through the EIV system to determine if applicant or any applicant’s household members are currently being assisted at another Multifamily Housing or Public & Indian Housing location.