June 2022 E-Newsletter - News You Can use
Message from the Executive Director
The month of June will be an exciting month. Graduations, Women's Veterans Day, Father's Day, and Juneteenth.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL GRADUATES of ALL Ages!! We congratulate you on your accomplishments. Remember anything is possible, all you need to do is believe in yourself. We are wishing you all the best in your future endeavors. GOOD LUCK and enjoy your Summer.
Women Veterans Day will be celebrated June 12, 2022. Please take a moment to honor that wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, or neighbor for the services they have provided for us to live the life we live in freedom. We Salute You!
Juneteenth will be celebrated June 19 commemorating the emancipation of the enslaved people in the US. The Housing Authority office will be closed in observance of this national holiday on June 20, 2022.
- Mrs. Clamentine V. Elmore, Executive Director
Public Housing Information
Public Housing Staff List
Angela Smith, Community Manager
Scattered Houses & Church Hill Communities
Alexandria Rogers, Community Manager
Creekside Apartments Communities
Beverly Fulmore, Asst. Community Manager
Scattered Houses, Church Hill Apartments, Bridgeland Apartments, & Eastcrest / Clioeast - Marlboro County Apartment Communities
Bobby Williams, Community Manager
Eastcrest & Clioeast - Marlboro County Apartment Communities
Calie Giarratana, Community Manager
Scattered Houses & Bridgeland Apartment Community
Carol Roberts, Asst. Community Manager
J.O Smith Villas, Waverly Acres, Oakland Place, Parkview Plaza, Pine Acres, Pine Park, Clyde I, Clyde II & Lakota Place Communities
Cierra Washington, Community Manager
Church Hill Apartments Community
Iris Brown, Community Manager
J.O Smith Villas, Waverly and Oakland Apartment Communities
Jocelyn Rouse, Community Manager
Pine Acres & Parkview Apartment Communities
Taronda Barnes, Community Manager
Pine Park, Clyde I, Clyde II & Lakota Place Communities
- Rent is due on or before the 1st of every month
- The Housing Authority is required by HUD regulations to inspect the units to ensure they are "Decent, Safe, and Sanitary". Standard procedure is: Pictures will be taken during Interior and/or Exterior inspections for documentation purposes of the resident's housekeeping.
- Resident agrees and acknowledges that the premises to be occupied by Resident and members of Resident's household, as well as, certain outside areas have been designated as smoke free. Resident and members of Resident's household shall not smoke anywhere in the unit rented by Resident, in the building where the Resident's dwelling is located, in any of the common areas inside the building or in any outside areas closer than 25 feet of the building(s) including sidewalks, entryways, porches, balconies, patios, and playgrounds. Nor shall Resident permit any guests or visitors to do so.
- No parking on the grass or riding through the complex on the grass. A violation fee will be applied (see Management Schedule of Charges).
- The Resident shall assure that neither the Resident nor any persons other than those listed above and minor children which are born into the household during this tenancy, shall reside in the dwelling unit for more than fourteen (14) days each year without obtaining the prior written approval of the Landlord. Management may place guest on no-trespass if they have concerns that the tenant may be in violation of this policy.
Quote for the Month
If you expect respect from others, show it first to yourself. You can't expect from others what you don't give to yourself. - Shams Tabrizi
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to participate in the Housing Authority of Florence Public Hearing meeting held on Tuesday April 12, 2022. The Housing Authority values the involvement of their residents. We would like to show you how much your participation was appreciated by presenting each of you with a $25.00 gift card.
Left to Right: Community Manager Calie Giarratana, Community Manager Assistant Beverly Jones, and Community Manager Angela Smith
The Housing Authority of Florence would like to express our sincere admiration for the outstanding teamwork and efforts that you have demonstrated over past few months. We appreciate everything that you have done to keep your properties on track. The endless time you spent ensuring all required task was completed. You have set an example of what teamwork is really about. You are indeed an inspiration to the agency and definitely play an essential role in the agency. Keep up the dedication and good work.
HAF Facilities Update
Settling In At The New Location
We have completed the following at COCC:
Our new logo has been installed in the lobby area.
The windows and doors at the front of our building have been tinted.
We now have a new Fenced In Outdoor Covered Break Area for employees which is accessible from the hallway beside the HCVP Department break room.
Finally, the Tsunami Security Cameras have been installed at the front of our property and at our secured entry gate.
Camera Installed near W. Palmetto Street Camera Installed on Security Gate
We are moving right along!
The Summer Transportation Institute (STI) Program scheduled for July 5-July 28, 2022. Application deadline is June 11, 2022.
Selected participants will be notified by June 20, 2022. Click here for more information.
Free 4 Week Teen Summer Camp starting June 20th. For more information visit www.CityofFlorenceRecreation.com