In our efforts to provide housing and support services, HAF frequently contracts work to our business community. We strive for a fair, efficient, and open bidding process. Please monitor this page for current RFPs, RFQs and Bid Information. You may also wish to sign up for news and events - so you receive an email and/or text message when opportunities are posted on this site.
HAF Facilities Contacts
Director of Facilities Management
Forms & Resources
Open Procurement Opportunities
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SERVICES
The Housing Authority of Florence is soliciting Requests for Qualifications (RFQ's) for Construction Management Services, mailed, emailed or hand delivered, until 4:00 p.m. EST on Friday, December 29th, 2023. Proposals must be clearly marked "Request for Qualifications - Construction Management Services" Attn: Denise Walters. Please send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing Address: Housing Authority of Florence / Attn: Denise Walters, Facilities Administrator / 2640 West Palmetto Street - Florence, S.C. 29501 - or - P.O. Drawer 969 - Florence, S.C. 29503.
The solicitation is for Construction Management Services related to the Sewer Grant Projects at Church Hill in Florence, S.C. and Dizzy Gillespie in Cheraw, S.C. which are both owned and managed by the Housing Authority of Florence. This may include other facilities as needed. Unlike sealed bidding, this is a competitive proposal method which permits consideration of technical factors other than price. The contract term will be the length of time necessary to complete all work requested and required for this project. The contract will be subject to termination upon thirty (30) days advance notice by either party.
Services may include, but are not limited to:
- Construction Management: Reviewing Drawings and Plans from Designers, Permitting, Providing Updated Estimates for Projects Currently Under Construction.
- Budget Management and Scheduling.
- Preparing Requests for Proposals/Coordination's of Contractors, Subcontractors, Consultants to include Civil Engineers, Approving Pay App's, and Identifying Major Sub-Consultants.
- Construction Administration and Quality Control of Work, and Providing Owner Reporting.
- Coordinating with Owner for Timely Permitting and Approvals with Federal, State, and Local Agencies.
Offerors must provide the following information for the Request of Qualifications (RFQ's):
- Proposed Principal/Project Team and Qualifications.
- Firms should identify Major Sub-Consultants for the Project to Perform the Work.
- Personnel and Firm Experience in Providing Construction Management Services.
- Experience with Permitting with Key Agencies.
- Other Relevant Information such as Familiarity in Working in the Pee Dee Region.
The Florence Housing Authority will review, evaluate, and rank all submittals based on qualifications. The Housing Authority reserves the right to hold interviews, but these are not mandatory. The firm selected based on qualifications will be required to negotiate a contract with the Florence Housing Authority based on the scope of work by hourly rates - or fee proposal, either will be acceptable. A contract award letter will be submitted in writing to the most qualified, responsive, and responsible bidder as stated in 2 CFR 200.320 (d) (5) Code of Federal Regulations.
A schedule of fees and list of qualifications is required to constitute an acceptable proposal.
All qualified proposals meeting required terms and specifications will be evaluated using the following criteria below:
|Evidence of firm's ability to perform the work, as evidenced by profiles of the principles and staff's professional and technical competence and experience.
|Ability to provide professional services in a timely manner.
|Familiarity / experience with low-income public housing programs and local building codes
|References submitted with the proposal
|South Carolina office location
|Section 3 Plan
Any all questions are to be submitted to Denise Walters, the Facilities Administrator at email@example.com no later than 3 p.m. on Monday, December 18, 2023, and will be answered accordingly no later than 5 p.m. on December 21, 2023 via email as well on our website under the Procurement section.
The HAF reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals presented.
NON-PROFIT ACCOUNTING & 990 SERVICES PROVIDER FOR
THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF FLORENCE
The Housing Authority of Florence (HAF) hereby solicits Requests for Qualifications (RFQ'S) from Qualified Accounting Firms to provide Financial Services under a contract for a one (1) year time period renewable up to a maximum of six (6) years. The "HAF", created by the S.C. State Legislature and a "Public Housing Agency" as defined in the United Stated Housing Act of 1937, was organized in 1968 with the mission of providing quality, safe, and affordable housing to the residents of Florence, Chesterfield, Marlboro, and Dillon Counties.
One (1) signed original and one (1) unbound copy of the proposal must be submitted to the HAF via mail - or - hand delivered, no later than 3:00 P.M. EST on Tuesday, January 16th, 2024. RFQ's received after this date and time will not be accepted. Proposals must be clearly marked "RFQ - Non-Profit Accounting & 990 Services Provider for the HAF" Attn: Dr. Alphonso Bradley, Executive Director.
Housing Authority of Florence
Dr. Alphonso Bradley, Executive Director
P.O. Drawer 969 / Florence, S.C. 29503
- or -
2640 West Palmetto Street / Florence, S.C. 29501
Additional information may be obtained from Casey Morris, Human Resources Administrator (843) 669-4163 ext. 3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Formal communications such as requests for clarification and/or information concerning this solicitation shall be submitted in writing (no later than five (5) days before RFQ closing) and directed to Ms. Casey Morris.
Interested Accounting Firms must submit a detailed proposal which includes - at minimum - the following;
- Finance Experience
- Experience with Public Housing Agencies
- Experience with Local, State, & Federal Agencies
- Knowledge of HUD Regulations
References (Preferably Public Housing Agencies)
- Provide Contact Person, Address, & Telephone Number for each Reference
Resumes of persons who will actually be performing the work
- Registrations & Certifications
Additional Information that will assist the HAF in evaluating the firm's capability to perform the requested services.
Form of Contract normally used by the firm for this type of service. The contract may be used by the HAF as an information source in establishing the final form of contract.
Fee Schedule - Provide all fees associated with the proposed contract for services. The following should be included in your base bid:
- Fees for Service Initiation
- Ongoing Monthly Fees and what is Included/Excluded
- Fees for Connectivity to Support Site
Optional Fees: List any other costs that may apply other than hourly rates.
- Optional Ongoing Services
- Off-Site Disaster Recovery
- Response and Emergency Fees
Forms & Attachments: Submit the following forms which will constitute a part of the RFQ and any Contract. All work will be performed in accordance with Professional Standards, HUD Regulations, Requirements and Criteria, Local Codes, Regulations, Ordinances and Statutes.
- Evidence the firm has any licenses or registrations to do business in Florence, Chesterfield, Marlboro, and Dillon Counties as well as any cities/towns within these counties in South Carolina
- Non-Collusion Affidavit Form.
Scope of Services: The HAF is seeking a qualified Accounting Firm to provide a broad range of Financial Services and Support including, but not limited to:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Clearly communicate monthly, annual, and fiscal year-end financial statements.
- Collate financial reporting materials for Executive Director.
- Oversee all financial accounting projects/programs and grants.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process. Liaise with external auditors and finance committee of the Board of Commissioners, assessing any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets keeping the Executive Director abreast of the Organizations financial status.
- Manage the Organizations cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management reporting system.
- Ensure contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to.
- Ensure financial data and cash flow remains steady and supports operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices impacting the finance departments overall policy and procedures manual effectively communicating and presenting critical financial matters to the Board of Commissioners.
Client Relationship: Describe the following:
- How you would manage customer relationships within the Authority.
- How you will propose changes in technicians assigned to the contract and seek approval to such changes from the Authority.
- Your Training Program.
- Hours of Operation for on-site staff as well as help desk staff.
- How the "After Hours Support" would be available.
- How you would report to Authority contacts and users about status of systems, elicit needs of users, needs for change, etc.
Service Levels: Describe the Service Levels you will provide to the Authority:
- Describe your work order/trouble ticket system.
- Availability of Key Staff during "normal" business hours.
- Staff Availability 24/7.
- Guaranteed response time for issues dependent upon severity and time of day.
- Provide average response time for "after hours" issues.
- How do you propose the service legal agreement be enforced?
- How would your on-site representative work and describe any special requirements needed to be filled by the Authority.
- Describe documentation you would make available to the Authority at the end of the contract period.
|Evidence of the firm's ability to provide the services as indicated by profiles of the principles and staffs professional and technical competence, experience and facilities.
Ability to provide professional services in a timely manner.
|Past performance in terms of Cost Control, Quality of Services, and Successful Track Record.
|Knowledge of Local, State, Federal, and HUD rules, regulations and laws.
|Preference given to local firm (located within a ninety (90) mile radius of our Central Office located at 2640 West Palmetto Street, Florence, S.C. 29501).
|Section 3 Plan
|Total Available Points:
- All prospective firms will be required to have a Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance or show the ability to obtain the applicable coverage limits if awarded a contract.
- The HAF may utilize the interview process to make the final selection(s).
Term of Service:
- This will be a one (1) year contract renewable up to a maximum of six (6) years. The contract will begin on or about Monday, February 5th, 2024. Contingent upon satisfactory performance, renewable contract may be exercised. After the initial one-year base, the contract shall be renewed based on the fee schedule(s) in the original proposal.
A contract award will be made in writing to the most qualified, responsive, and responsible bidder as stated in 2 CFR 200.320 (d)(5) in the Code of Federal Regulations. The HAF reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals presented.
Contractor's Listing Notice
The Housing Authorities of Florence, Cheraw, and Marlboro County would like to expand our current Contractors Listing. If you are interested in being contacted to quote on future jobs, please furnish us with your name, company, and contact information. We will also need you to please complete the Contractor's Application & Certification. We look forward to possibly working with you in the future!
If you need assistance in the completion or accessing of these forms & documents, please contact our office at 843.669.4163. Thank you.