Become a Prospective Landlord/Owners with the Housing Choice Voucher Program
Thank you for your interest in the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Prospective Landlords/Owners will be required to attend at least one Owner Briefing in order to participate in our Housing Choice Voucher Program. Contact Tammy Mack-Edge at 843-669-4163 extension 3020 to sign up.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a rental assistance program designed to provide subsidy in the private rental market. The Authority's selection of a family to participate in the voucher program is not in any way an endorsement of tenancy, nor a prediction of positive family behavior. Owners are encouraged to screen families on the basis of their tenancy histories and to inquire about factors such as:
- Payment of rent and utility bills
- Caring for a unit and premises
- Respecting the rights of others to the peaceful enjoyment of their housing.
- Drug-related criminal activity or other criminal activity that is a threat to the life, safety, or property of others.
- Compliance with other essential conditions of tenancy.