July 2022 E-Newsletter - News You Can use
Back to School Supply Pick-Up!
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20TH FROM 1:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
601-A Oakland Ave
The Housing Authority of Florence along with community donations will provide each student with school supplies.
Chasidy Graham, Resident Services Manager
Hazel Mouzon, Resident Program & Services Specialist
Public Housing Information
Public Housing Staff List
Angela Smith, Community Manager
Scattered Houses & Church Hill Communities
Alexandria Rogers, Community Manager
Creekside Apartments Communities
Beverly Fulmore, Asst. Community Manager
Scattered Houses, Church Hill Apartments, Bridgeland Apartments, & Eastcrest / Clioeast - Marlboro County Apartment Communities
Bobby Williams, Community Manager
Eastcrest & Clioeast - Marlboro County Apartment Communities
Calie Giarratana, Community Manager
Scattered Houses & Bridgeland Apartment Community
Carol Roberts, Asst. Community Manager
J.O Smith Villas, Waverly Acres, Oakland Place, Parkview Plaza, Pine Acres, Pine Park, Clyde I, Clyde II & Lakota Place Communities
Cierra Washington, Community Manager
Church Hill Apartments Community
Iris Brown, Community Manager
J.O Smith Villas, Waverly and Oakland Apartment Communities
Jocelyn Rouse, Community Manager
Pine Acres & Parkview Apartment Communities
Taronda Barnes, Community Manager
Pine Park, Clyde I, Clyde II & Lakota Place Communities
Housing Authority of Florence Vision Statement
"Growing Strong Communities" by bringing vital resources to our neighborhoods through the use of state-of-the-art technology and provide decent, affordable and safe housing to our neighbors where all can live, work and play successfully.
Word of the Month
persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success:
"his perseverance with the technique illustrates his single-mindedness"
the driving force in the quest for success and achievement. a mindset that combines discipline, strength, confidence and ambition is a powerful mindset. this can achieve anything it sets its sights on. a powerful mind can achieve anything.
- Rent is due on or before the 1st of every month
- The Housing Authority is required by HUD regulations to inspect the units to ensure they are "Decent, Safe, and Sanitary". Standard procedure is: Pictures will be taken during Interior and/or Exterior inspections for documentation purposes of the resident's housekeeping.
- Resident agrees and acknowledges that the premises to be occupied by Resident and members of Resident's household, as well as, certain outside areas have been designated as smoke free. Resident and members of Resident's household shall not smoke anywhere in the unit rented by Resident, in the building where the Resident's dwelling is located, in any of the common areas inside the building or in any outside areas closer than 25 feet of the building(s) including sidewalks, entryways, porches, balconies, patios, and playgrounds. Nor shall Resident permit any guests or visitors to do so.
- No parking on the grass or riding through the complex on the grass. A violation fee will be applied (see Management Schedule of Charges).
- The Resident shall assure that neither the Resident nor any persons other than those listed above and minor children which are born into the household during this tenancy, shall reside in the dwelling unit for more than fourteen (14) days each year without obtaining the prior written approval of the Landlord. Management may place guest on no-trespass if they have concerns that the tenant may be in violation of this policy.
Happy Birthday to all residents whose birthday is in July!
4th of July Fun!
1. Where was the first celebration of Independence Day held?
2. Every Independence Day, how many times does the Liberty Bell ring?
3. What was the name of the newspaper that published the Declaration of Independence?
4. The Fourth of July commemorates which document?
5. What is the proper way to fold the American flag?