REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL - REPAIR, SEAL, & STRIPE PARKING LOT
Repair, Seal, & Stripe Parking Lot at the New Office Building
2640 West Palmetto street, Florence, S.C.
Please be advised the Housing Authority of Florence is requesting Bid Proposals for the New Office Building Parking Lot: Repair, Seal, and Stripe. The new office is located at 2640 West Palmetto Street in Florence, South Carolina.
The Housing Authority will be able to meet with ALL interested Contractors on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 @ 10:00 a.m. at the New Office Building. It is Highly Recommended that you visit the site on this date and time in order to observe the scope of work that is being requested. The parking lot is 153,506.19 square feet with approximately ten (10) damaged areas; i.e., holes the in parking lot measuring no more than 200 square feet combined. The parking lot has four (4) parking barriers that will have to be reset due to being damaged - see attachment.
This bid is due no later than Monday April 5, 2021 @ 8:00 a.m. This is not a sealed bid. The proposals can be submitted via hand delivery, postal mail, e-mail, or fax. A contract award will be made to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder as stated in the HUD Procurement Handbook 7460.8 REV 2. The Housing Authority reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals presented.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Adrian Mack, Facilities Administrator at (843) 992-8408 or either Esperone Huggins, Director of Facilities Management (843) 610-0945. Thank you.
Adrian Mack, Facilities Administrator
The Housing Authority of Florence
INSTRUCTIONS / SCOPE OF WORK
Housing Authority of Florence
Build Out of Existing Building to New Office Space
Florence, South Carolina
March 17, 2021
SECTION 32 01 17.63 - ASPHALT PAVEMENT SEALCOATING
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
- Asphalt Pavement Sealcoating
- Product Data
- Submit manufacturer's Product Data Sheet
1.3 PROJECT/SITE CONDITIONS
- Ambient Conditions
- Both surface and ambient temperature must be a minimum of 50o F and rising before Applying cold applied crack fillers, oil spot primers, pavement sealers or traffic paints (materials). Ambient and surface temperature shall not drop below 50o F for a 24-hour period following application of materials.
- Apply materials during dry conditions when rain is not imminent or forecast for at least 24 hours after application.
- Pavement/Surface Conditions
- Newly placed (paved) asphalt pavement surfaces should be allowed to cure a minimum of four (4) weeks under ideal weather conditions (70oF) before applying coatings.
- New pavement surfaces shall be free of residual oils or chemicals associated with the placement of new asphalt pavement.
- Aged pavement surfaces shall be cleaned and prepared as recommended in this specification under PART 3 Sections 3.1 thru 3.7 of this specification.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
- SealMaster Pavement Products and Equipment. SealMaster has a nationwide network of manufacturing and distribution facilities. Phone: 800-395-7325. Website: www.sealmaster.net. E-mail: email@example.com.
- SealMaster FlexMaster Crack Sealant (Cold-applied pourable crack sealant)
- SealMaster GatorPave Patching Material
- SealMaster Pothole Patch (Cold Patch)
- SealMaster Line Block-Out Paint (Black)
PART 3 EXECUTION
- Examine pavement surface prior to performing work.
- Notify architect or project engineer of any adverse or unacceptable conditions that would affect successful repair efforts or application of materials.
- Do not commence work until unacceptable conditions are corrected.
3.2 SURFACE PREPARATION
- Surface must be clean and free from all loose material and dirt. Remove grass along edge of pavement to find true edge of pavement. Power blowers, mechanical sweeping devices and push brooms are acceptable cleaning methods.
3.3 CRACK REPAIR
- Cold Applied Crack Filling Materials and Methods
- Clean cracks of all dirt, debris and vegetation prior to applying crack filling.
- For cracks up to ½" apply FlexMaster Crack Sealant. FlexMaster may be applied directly from container, pour pot, crack banding equipment or mechanized pumping equipment. Allow to dry before sealcoating.
- For cracks larger than ½" wide and up to 1" wide apply SealMaster Trowel Grade Crack Filler or SealMaster GatorPave Patching material. Apply Trowel Grade or GatorPave with trowel, squeegee or straightedge. Allow to dry before sealcoating.
- Contractor or other Entity Responsible for performing work shall refer to Manufacturer's Product Data Sheet for more detailed application instructions for FlexMaster, Trowel Grade Crack Filler and GatorPave.
3.4 ALLIGATORED PAVEMENT REPAIR
- Repair Alligator Cracks with SealMaster GatorPave.
- Remove all dirt, dust and vegetation on alligatored areas.
- Apply GatorPave with trowel, squeegee or straightedge.
- Allow to dry before sealcoating.
- Contractor or other Entity Responsible for performing work shall refer to Manufacturer's Product Data Sheet for more detailed application instructions for GatorPave.
3.5 POTHOLE REPAIR
- Fill Potholes with SealMaster PatchMaster Pothole Patch
- Remove loose material, debris and standing water from pothole prior to application.
- Apply PatchMaster directly from bag into pothole.
- Compact PatchMaster with a hand tamper, vibratory-place compactor or asphalt roller. Finished patchwork shall be flush and level with adjoining pavement.
- Contractor or other Entity Responsible for performing work shall refer to Manufacturer's Product Data Sheet for more detailed application instructions for SealMaster
PatchMaster Pothole Patch.
3.6 LINE BLOCK-OUT PAINT
- Applying SealMaster Line Block-Out Paint
- Remove all loose material and dirt from existing traffic markings.
- Apply SealMaster Line Block-out paint with pressurized spray equipment, brush or roller.
- Allow to dry before sealcoating.
- Contractor or other Entity Responsible for performing work shall refer to Manufacturer's Product Date Sheet for more detailed application instructions for SealMaster Line
3.7 MASTERSEAL APPLICATION
- Applying SealMaster
- Remove all loose material and dirt from pavement surface. Remove grass along edge of pavement to find true edge of pavement. Power blowers, mechanical sweeping devices and push brooms are acceptable cleaning methods.
- Equipment used to apply MasterSeal shall have continuous agitation or mixing capabilities to maintain homogeneous consistency of pavement sealer mixture throughout the application process. Spray equipment shall be capable of mixing and spraying pavement sealer with sand added. Self-propelled squeegee equipment with mixing capability shall have at least 2 squeegee or brush devices (one behind the other) to assure adequate distribution and penetration of sealer into pavement surface. Hand squeegees and brushes shall be acceptable in areas where practicality prohibits the use of mechanized equipment.
- MasterSeal shall be mixed in accordance with the following mix design (based on 100 gallons of MasterSeal for ease of calculation):
- MasterSeal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100 gallons
- Water . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15-25 gallons
- Top Tuff . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 gallon
- Sand (40 to 70 mesh AFS fineness gradation). . 300-500 lbs.
- Apply two (2) coats of mixed MasterSeal at a rate of .11 to .13 gallon per square yard per coat to entire pavement area. Allow first coat to dry thoroughly before applying second coat.
- Apply a third coat of mixed MasterSeal at a rate of .11 to .13 gallon per square yard to high traffic areas including parking area entrances, exits and drive lanes (or as specified in additional diagrams or drawings). Allow second coat to dry thoroughly before applying a third coat to these areas.
- Allow final coat of pavement sealer to dry 24 hours prior to applying SealMaster 100% Acrylic Water based Traffic Paint.
END OF SECTION
SECTION 32 17 23 - PAVEMENT MARKINGS
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.01 RELATED DOCUMENTS
- Drawings and general provisions of the Contract, including General and Supplementary Conditions and Division 01 Specification Sections, apply to this Section.
- Section includes painted markings applied to asphalt and/or concrete pavement.
1.03 PRE-INSTALLATION MEETINGS
- Pre-Installation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site.
- Review methods and procedures related to marking pavement including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pavement aging period before application of pavement markings.
- Review requirements for protecting pavement markings, including restriction of traffic during installation period.
1.04 ACTION SUBMITTALS
- Product Date: For each type of product.
- Include technical date and tested physical and performance properties.
1.05 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Regulatory Requirements: Comply with materials, workmanship, and other applicable requirements of the South Carolina Department of Transportation for pavement-marking work.
- Measurement and payment provisions and safety program submittal included in standard specifications do not apply to this Section.
1.06 FIELD CONDITIONS
- Environmental Limitations: Proceed with pavement marking only on clean, dry surfaces and at minimum ambient or surface temperature of 40 degrees F for alkyd materials, 55 degrees F for water-based materials, and not exceeding 95 degrees F.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
2.01 PAVEMENT-MARKING PAINT
- Pavement-Marking Paint: Pavement marking paint materials shall comply with SCDOT Standard Specification.
- Color: As indicated on plans.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
- Verify that pavement is dry and in suitable condition to begin pavement marking according to manufacturer's written instructions.
3.02 PAVEMENT MARKING PAINT
- Do not apply pavement-marking paint until layout, colors, and placement have been verified.
- Allow paving to age for a minimum of 30 days before starting pavement marking.
- Sweep and clean surface to eliminate loose material and dust.
- Apply paint with mechanical equipment to produce pavement markings, of dimensions indicated, with uniform, straight edges. Apply at manufacturer's recommended rates to provide a minimum wet film thickness of 15 mils.
- Apply graphic symbols and lettering with paint-resistant, die-cut stencils, firmly secured to to pavement. Mask an extended area beyond edges of each stencil to prevent paint application beyond the stencil. Apply paint so that it cannot run beneath the stencil.
3.03 PROTECTING AND CLEANING
- Protect pavement markings from damage and wear during remainder of construction period.
- Clean spillage and soiling from adjacent construction using cleaning agents and procedures recommended by manufacturer of affected construction.
END OF SECTION 32 17 23